Emocean is an everyperson surf magazine that champions diverse perspectives, radical creativity, relatability, empowerment, and especially the narratives of women, BIPOC and LGBTQ+ surfers.
Founder + Creative Director
Emocean welcomes pitches. We are always looking for new writers, photographers, artists, poets, and surfers. We live off fresh and incredible stories. We strongly suggest that you read issues of the magazine to familiarize yourself with our ethos and creative direction. We prefer original, previously unpublished works, but we’re open. Submissions that offer exceptional photographic/visual accompaniment, or the possibility thereof, are especially welcome.
Things to consider when submitting:
- We encourage submissions from people of all identities, living anywhere, published and unpublished.
- Please put the word "pitch" in the subject line of the email, so that we can easily refer back to it. It also helps to have the issue number in the subject line as well, but that is not necessary. Example, "pitch 08" for Issue 08.
- We will not consider writing that has already been published in English, anywhere online or in print. Visual work, we’re more open, but please note in the submission email where and when it has been published previously, if at all.
- Ideally, a summary and introduction to your work is included in the email.
- Please include the writing submission as a word document or google document that we have access to, and add your name, title, and genre to the submission at the top of the page with your name and contact.
- Photographs and artwork please organize in a file sharing format with your full name.
- We cannot provide feedback on every submission, but we appreciate each piece and will notify you if it has been accepted.
- Our theme for each issue changes. The theme is intended as inspiration for creative work, and submissions may or may not adhere to the theme. We announce the themes for upcoming issues on our Instagram. We are currently accepting submission for Issue 08, no theme yet selected, and pitches are due April 15th.
Email materials to: email@example.com